Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Super Bowl 2013: How the Ravens withstand 49ers rally?
Just Super Bowl afterthoughts. One of the best Super Bowl games in the last ten years as the Baltimore Ravens defeated San Francisco 49ers, 34-31. Yes, the Ravens realized the dream that they had and that they reached it.
Why the Ravens won?
1. Offense - To have a scintillating 21-6 half-time lead, the Ravens showed that they have the offense that was overlooked by their previous opponents like the Colts, Broncos, and Patriots.
2. Jacoby Jones - What about that 56 yard touchdown acrobatic reception in the second quarter and the 108 yard kick off return? Many believed that Jones should have been the Super Bowl MVP. He altered the ocomplexion of the game and that the Ravens seemed put the dagger.
3. Joe Flacco - He was poised especially that third-and-1 play pass to Anquan Boldin that ended into a field goal with 4:19 left to have the lead 34-29.
4. Baltimore Defense- When the Ravens needed the stop against the raging offense of the 49ers, they did it. Stopping the 49ers from scoring in their five yard line was the decisive possession.
5. John Harbaugh - He made the call for a safety with 11 seconds remaining instead of a kick off return to kill the time.